Thursday, April 29, 2010

iPad update

_DSC6843
When I got the iPad last Friday. Apple on 5th avenue were out of their folio cases. Fearing my own clumsiness and also my kids curiosity, I needed something to protect my new toy err... Investment. I bought a belkin sleeve. It was decent as a protective sleeve, but absolutely useless out of it. The iPad is fairly slippery on the back and I'm afraid of letting others handle it without any protection.

I went to the apple store today and they were nice enough to let me exchange it for the apple case. I really like it. It makes the iPad easily accessible as well as presentable. It can sit upright in a picture frame style, which was why I originally wanted the apple case to begin with.

Now on to some of the bugs with this tablet. One glaring issue are the wifi dropouts and inability to reconnect to the same network. Ive done a little digging around and learned that if your iPad wakes up from sleep mode, and t won't reconnect to your network, heres what you do: go into settings > brightness > and bring the slider to the left, then move it back to the right. You'll notice your wifi signal has returned. Yeah, I know it's a pretty stupid bug.

Initially apple tried to blame this on your router, suggesting you upgrade the routers firmware, set G or N and not both. I find all of those excuses ridiculous. All of my other commuters and devices connected to the network have zero issues. Apple hopefully recognizes this issue and will correct it in the next firmware.

No comments: