Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is here!

_D3X6285
I got up before the sun rose, grabbed my gear then headed over to Marine Park's Salt Marsh yet again. I had only my D3x with 200mm f2.0, hoping to score some more birds. Being a city boy, I was blown away and surprised at how rich of a wildlife we have here in Brooklyn. There are plenty of spots you can go if you care to look it up.

I spent an hour walking around and caught plenty of ducks and swans as the sun was rising over the horizon. Today was also the first time I utilized Blackrapids' R-Strap. Mounted to the 200mm f2's lens foot. I feel this is much more comfortable than using the provided straps, attached to the lens lugs. The reliability is somewhat suspect, which has more to do with the lens foot itself. It has four small screws keeping the foot in place, I'm a bit worried by this. The R-strap itself was tough. I believe If I shot an event with this setup, the strap would be a safe and comfortable solution.

_D3X6293

_D3X6229

_D3X6191

_D3X6184

_D3X6176

No comments: