Sunday, March 14, 2010

D3x with 200mm f2 VR

_DSC5162
I really didn't think I'd get an opportunity to test this lens out this weekend. We got hit with 70mph monsoon weather yesterday and some intermittent rain today. The rain did stop at one point, and the sun did poke its bright butt out for an hour or so. That was the only window I had.

_D3X6095

I've only spent an hour with the lens. It is heavy, hard to carry via the strap attached to the lens lug. Thought about attaching a security strap or R-strap to the tripod foot, but the weight would then be too biased towards the camera. Trying to find out a viable, comfortable solution as far as straps are concerned.

The results from my shoot were impressive. Shot wide open on the D3x yielded bitingly sharp results. Stopped down obviously sharpens things up even more. Though the main reason I got this lens, was to shoot it wide open, like my zeiss glass, I wanted beautiful blur with sharp subject isolation.

_D3X6070

_D3X6052
100% crop here

No comments: