Monday, March 1, 2010

Farewell 24-70 and 70-200 VR II

Hello 200mm f/2G! Me and another nikonian agreed to trade lenses over the internet. A first for both of us where no money is exchanged, just gear. This effectively leaves me with a huge hole in terms of range. My lens collection is down to only three lenses, the two zeiss primes (35 and 100mm) and now, the 200 f2.0. I'm thinking I need at least a 50mm prime to fill in that gap, and preferably it should be of autofocus variety since, I'm going to need something in that range for events.

I probably won't miss my Nikon 24-70mm or 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, especially after getting into zeiss primes. I have a bigger appreciation for primes now that I'm shooting at 24mp. The good primes offer more than enough resolving power for the D3X, at least the elite ones do.

I am looking forward to the chubby lens on my desk in three days time. Let the countdown begin before it spends some time on the D700 and D3x.

This marks the point in my photographic career where to me, image quality has surpassed my need for versatility and convenience.

No comments: