Saturday, March 6, 2010

New arrivals!

_DSC4933
I took delivery of not one, but two lenses yesterday. A few days ago I posted about my trade for the 200mm f/2G and also how I needed to fill in that gap between my 35 and 100mm lenses. A void needed filling due to the departure of my Nikon 24-70mm. I also received the 50mm f/1.4G from a nikonian who made an offer I simply could not pass up.
_DSC4948

I'm going to post more images soon, testing them both on the D700 and D3x. Initial impressions of the 200mm f/2G is that it balances well on both my nikons. It's pretty friggin' heavy. I have a gym membership, workout fairly regularly and yet, I got a little tired after shooting around for a short moment. I have a toddler and an infant so, that sort of parental training helps me in carrying the beast around.

My coworkers "ooh'd" and "ahh'd" at my new addition. Some accused me of compensating, haha. Despite all of the attention, a few quick shots around the office left all of us fairly impressed. When you are able to count eyelashes of people from a shot taken at f2.0, high iso, you can't help but feel impressed. I am impressed and very happy with my 200mm f/2G. Thanks to a fellow nikonian, who is also happy with my offerings, my old/new Nikon 24-70mm and 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II found a good home.

No comments: