Saturday, February 13, 2010

Orc lady

Here is a sped up desktop capture of my working in Photoshop.



The initial sketch was handled in Illustrator. I found nice ink-like settings within the program that felt very natural and till now, I still prefer to sketch that way over photoshop. The paint job was then executed in Photoshop, using my Wacom Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet. I know some of you digital comic book colorists enjoy the tedium of the mouse though, an industry standard, you have little choice to do it any other way. This sketch is down and dirty and I probably would only recommend this style for quick conceptual executions.

This was all made possible with a few brush adjustments in photoshop. I really only work with one type of brush. I'll post what they are once I can get some screen captures of them. Till then, enjoy the video!

Here is what the final looks like:

No comments: